This recipe combines the sustaining power of quinoa with the crisp freshness of summer vegetables. The avocado dressing, with its splash of lime, completes the south-of-the-border trip. Be forewarned: You might find yourself eating this dish uncontrollably.
Yield: 6 cups
- 1 onion , diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 2/3 cups fresh corn off the cob
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, minced
- 2 cups quinoa, cooked or sprouted
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Mix onion, zucchini, and corn in large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mash avocado with lime juice, cumin, and sea salt. Add to onion, zucchini, and corn.
- Add cilantro and quinoa. Mix well.
- This dish keeps well in the refrigerator for about 3 or 4 days.
Recipe courtesy of Kevin Archer*
*Please note, although Food Empowerment Project is linking to other organizations for their work on promoting local and organic produce or fair trade products, we do not necessarily endorse the entire content of their website or mission.