Yield: 3-4 servings
- 1/2 cup lentils
- 1/2 cup buckwheat (or grain of choice)
- 4-6 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 cups of water
- Peanut butter (optional)
Note: in general 1.5 cups water for 1/2 cup lentils, 1/2 cup water to 1/2 cup buckwheat
- Start to boil water.
- Add lentils to boiling water, then garlic. After about 15 minutes, add buckwheat.
- After 12 minutes, start checking lentils and grain for texture. The lentils should be soft enough to easily eat and grains slightly firm.
- Cook longer for softer texture. Most of the water should be gone.
For extra flavor add 4 tablespoons of peanut butter.
Recipe courtesy of Chris Van Breen